What do volunteers do for a meal packing event? Look above and below to see how packing works and how fun it is to serve your community!
What does the whole event looking like? A room full of packing lines!
As you can see, it take a lot of space to make the event work smoothly. Each individual line is two tables with 5 or 6 people on each side. A perfect team of 12 can pack 2,000 meals an hour! With the eight teams seen in this picture, they are packing up to 16,000 meals an hour!
What does the process look like?
1. Scoop the incredients into the bag.
2. Weigh the bag on the scales.
3. Seal the bag
4. Place stickers on the bags.
5. Stack bags on a charting board.
6. Place bags in a box.
7. Agencies pick up their expertly packed meals!