The competitive funding process for calendar year 2017 is closed. Please check back for updates coming for the 2018 calendar year. In the meantime, see our focus areas and priorities below.
United Way Focus Areas and Priorities
We live United against Youth Homelessness. We fight for the housing, education, and financial stability of every person in our community.
Housing and Health
Improving access to affordable housing
Working with partners to overcome obstacles in housing and health.
Improve early grade reading level
Increase the high school graduation rate
Increasing college access rate
Financial Stability and Workforce Development
Improving financial literacy for all individuals
Preparing, coaching, and matching young adults to employment opportunities
Eligibility Application Requirements: After submission of this LOI, please note that these are UWIV Expectations that must be met to receive funding.
- UWIV funding will be used for programs that will have a lasting impact on individuals, children, and seniors within Riverside County in the areas of Housing, Education, & Financial Stability.
- Agency keeps accurate program/service records and appropriate and record-keeping procedures to ensure adequate reporting and accountability while protecting rights of service recipients. Data collection includes demographic data on service recipients.
- The agency meets the UWIV Non-discrimination policy
- The agency meets the UWIV Accountability standards policy
- Agency has a volunteer board of directors which functions in accordance with agency bylaws and maintains accurate and complete records of its corporate functioning.
- Agency provides evidence of adequate financial accountability and accounting procedures
- If you are an agency invited to apply with a budget of $500,000 or more, you will be required to provide a most recent certified audit which will be attached in the Attachments section of application
- If you are an agency invited to apply with a budget of $100,001 to $499,999, you will be required to provide a most recent CPA financial review that will be attached in the Attachments section of application.
- Review or audit must be the most recent fiscal year-end report and no older than 18 months prior to the application deadline.
- UWIV funding is no more than 25% of the program.